Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Tosser!


Everybody's blogging about it - the John Tamihere interview with Ian Wishart of Investigate magazine. Like most people I haven't read the article yet. For those not in the know, JT called his fellow labour members names like "tosser", "butch" and "swarmy". Didn’t call anyone a wanker, a loser, a cheeky darkie, a little creep or a lesbian, though -well, not on the record, anyway.

I particularly liked Helen Clark's comment on TV this morning about her relationship with Tamihere and whether people like her.
"It’s a working relationship. Whether people particularly like me or not I really couldn’t give a toss"
.
Once I've read the article I may do a post. Imagine if Tamihere had a few bottles of wine at the "liquid lunch", rather than half a glass…

Whatever, it looks like he wont be a cabinet minister after the election. I can just imagine question time tomorrow:

Hide: Referring to the latest Investigate Magazine article, does the butch Prime Minister think it was appropriate for the cheeky darkie to call our poofter Cabinet minister a "tosser"?

Clark: I'm not sure what a tosser is, I have no idea what this particular sort of street talk means, but I have been assured that Mr Tamihere considered his discussion off the record. However, loose lips sink ships.

Hide: Did Tamihere say anything that was not true, if so, what aspects of that interview were not true.

Clark: I wasn't present at the interview so I cannot advise which aspects of the interview were not true.

Brash: How can you lead a unified caucus when you have a couple of poofters, a tosser, a swarmy character and a backbencher that wants to badmouth these members to the media?

Clark: The same way I always have, you little creep - The Labour Party Wimmins division will deal with it. Note we have no poofters, tossers or swarmy characters in our division - and we`ve got rid of our cheeky darkies.

Brash: Ah but what about the feminists?

Clark: What about the feminists, you tosser. Labour will be Streets ahead of National after the election - with a unified caucus and a strong wimmins division. We`ve got balls, what have you got?

Dunne: Is "sex with another male" unhealthy and violating as Mr Tamihere claimed in the article?

Clark: I'm not sure. I don't even think the Honourable member or Mr Tamihere is certain either, but Mr Tamihere is entitled to his opinion as much as I am entitled to mine. I'm sure we don't all speak from experience of having sex with men.

Wilson: Order, Order

Tamihere: I`ll have a pie and a coke, thanks. Preferably a cream pie. I could put it to good use.

Labour caucus: TOSSER!!

No comments: